Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Producers, Bowfinger and Young Frankenstein

On Sunday I attended the fifth film night, my first, at Pete and Maggie Patson's house in Bath. You meet up at the pub at lunchtime, back to the house and watch a film, snack, watch another film, eat a gorgeous three-course meal provided by the lovely Maggie and watch a final film. And drink a lot of wine. The food and wine flowed to such an extent that most of us dozed off through a good portion of Young Frankenstein so I will not say any more about it than it was good to see Peter Boyle and Marty Feldman again.

I enjoyed The Producers more than I expected. It's a long time since I have seen it and I only remember it for Springtime For Hitler so it was good to see the actual build up towards the show. Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder were Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder - which is not a criticism.

Bowfinger was very funny and quite clever. Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy were Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy, but it was particularly good to see the latter sending himself up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home