Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bound

The Wachowski Brothers' first feature - and doesn't it show? Lots of stylish stuff zooming along phone leads with swishy sound FX. Regrettably I feel the film is a triumph of style over substance. I thought I was going to have to switch off after half an hour because they seemed to be lingering for too long on the lesbian sex scenes. If I want to watch lesbian sex scenes there are other places I can go. Fortunately the action got ramped up with the introduction of a pair of secateurs and once the girls had hatched their plot things got more and more exciting. So it was worth watching. Jennifer Tilly is always fascinating - I particularly remember her turning Henry Goldblume's head in Hill Street Blues - as is Gena Gershon. But at the end of the film - Do you know what the difference is between you and me? Neither do I. - I was left with a feeling of emptiness that I presume the scriptwriters also felt. Which I guess sums up the picture. (Film4)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home